Thursday, April 21, 2011

When I grow up ...

I remember years ago, when I was still at school, thinking about what I wanted to be when I grew up. I loved writing, and I loved drawing and I thought it would be great to be a designer of greeting cards and a writer of verses. In my innocence, I even wrote to a local printing company, with a sample of my work, and was deeply disappointed when I received a thank you, but no thank you letter in return. Now that was about 40 years ago!


I eventually followed a different dream, marrying, and becoming the mother of two sons, and building my skills in the administration field. I must admit, my sons were the best creation I could ever have made! Now I am about to become a grandmother! I can’t wait! From zero to three grand babies within three months... a set of twins in August and another little grand baby in November! I loved this card and the verse inside...



Life takes some strange twists and turns, but I never expected at my age, that I’d actually be fulfilling a dream I had as a pre-teen, and designing and creating greeting cards and selling them online at Greeting Card Universe. I love getting out and about with my camera, and as I live in Australia, I love to incorporate our unique animals on my cards like this one...



I have learnt so much along the way, and within these pages I’ll share some tips that I’ve gathered, as so many have generously shared with me. A helping hand is always welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment